Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Lake

In Nebraska, there is a private lake named Lake Johnson. It is a little bit out of Lexington but basically in the middle of no where. The lake is very big and very calm. During the weekdays, the lake is practically desert but on the weekends it gets pretty crowded. For the past couple years, each summer I have come to the lake to have some fun. We own a lake house right towards the end of the lake and it is the perfect location! The house is not to big nor to small, it is just perfect. We have a nice speed boat and a pretty good jet ski. I usually come up to the house around the 4th of july because we bring up some of our close friends. The weather is nice and hot and the water temp is like bath water. During the fourth we have around 10 to 12 people here and we always are doing something. Tubing is the main thing. Here is a picture of our wood swing that sits on the lawn looking out on the lake. When the sun sets, it is like being at a beach.
Here is me water skiing. I am very athletic and I have good balance from cheerleading so when I tried skiing for the first time on water, it came pretty easy. I was on two ski's for awhile and then I tried just one. I actually made it up on the first time which is very rare. Other then that, the lake house is a great get-a-way.
I enjoy each time I get to come here because I can let go of anything I am thinking about. I get to relax and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment