Friday, December 17, 2010

Delta Zeta

When I first got to college, I wanted to join some type of activity that would get me involved with the community and the school. I looked into many things and one of them was joining a sorority. Now many people think that sorority girls are all stuck up and rich. This assumption however is false. When I first began looking into joinging a sorority, I was a little shaky on it because I did not know what to expect out of it but I thought why not give it a shot cause you never know. I signed up online with my roommate and we went through the recruitment process together. During recruitment, we got to visit each of the houses and all of the girls who were active in the house. We then at the end of each day had to narrow down our choices. By day three, we recieved a slip of paper that would tell us which houses wanted us to come back and visit them. The houses that wanted me to come back were Delta Zeta and Alpha Omicron Pi. Out of the two, I chose Delta Zeta to be my first pick overall. The next day I recieved and invitation to join the Delta Zeta sorority. Now getting invited into the house does not mean you are "in" yet. Our group of girls that joined the house had to go through a long initiation process. This included longs meetings and a lot of memorizing! Eventually we all pulled through and made it! I can now call myself and active member of Delta Zeta:) This is me and some of the girls that were in my group for recruitment! Each girl is happy in each of the houses that they chose:) Me and my roommate Bri are actually in the same sorority!!! The girl in the middle with the blue dress, her name is Brenda and she was one of the girls that helped me through the process!!

Here is me after we got our shirts for recruitment:) WENT DZ!!:) I made such a great choice!


As we got into the sorority and began learning new things about it, we also began attending different events and having fun socials. Here is a group of the girls at the fraternity flag football game. We are all decked out in out colors:) Delta Zeta has the colors Rose and Green.. along with a turtle for the mascot:)



This is a picture of my roommate Bri, me, and Lauren. We are all part of DZ and we wanted to take a picture before the football game:) The hand signal that we are doing is special to Delta Zeta it is tradition. A lot of what a sorority is is its traditions.




One of the biggest events that each sorority has is Big Little Find. This process is where the new members and actives choose someone that they want to call their Big or their Little. As much as I wanted all of the actives to be my Big, I ended up with my Big being Lauren:) Lauren and me have the same personality and I can go to her for anything! I am so happy to call her my big! She really has taught me a lot about Delta Zeta and life in general. Above is a picture right after we found out who our Big's were and this is my Family. It is really big:)






Not only do I have a Big, but I have a Grand Big. Julie on the far right is my Grand Big. She just graduated this semester but I know I will always see her! She is awesome:) Then my Big Lauren is in the middle.





Then lastly, me and my amazing Big Lauren:) Joining Delta Zeta was such a great life change for me because it truly brought some great women in my life. I know that I can always trust them and go to them for advice. I really want to make a difference at DZ and be able to show new members in DZ what I learned:) A lot of great life memories will be made here.







No comments:

Post a Comment