Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Disney College Program

This past Febuary, my family and I took a nice little vacation down to Orlando Florida and we went to Disney World. While I was down there, I had seem many flyers about the "Disney College Program". Had no clue what it was but I decided to get more information about it. So I went up to one of the students actually participating in it and she told me everything! This seemed like the perfect oppertunity for me!

So basically what this program does is it gives college students work experiance as well as school classes in the Walt Disney World Resort Area. As a member of this program, you will choose from a variety of jobs that you would be interested in working and then basically the Disney team chooses the job you will work. Then you can either take classes provided by Disney University (Yes this is a college!) or you can take online classes. This program is a great networking experiance for college students wishing to persue a career at Disney World. With me changing my major I thought why not apply for this!
So at the beginning of April, I applied for this internship. This consisited of going to a recruiting meeting on campus, filling out a web based interview, and then if you are good enough you would recieve a phone interview. I was lucky enough to pass the web based interview and then I was scheduled for a phone interview. My phone interview was on a Sunday and it actually went really well!!! The lady I talked to was very sweet and she thought I was a great canidate for the program. I was so excited because I just knew I would be going to Disney in the fall.

Well after the phone interview took place, the lady said o and you should here your results in about 3 weeks. Fair enough. Well I waited over 4 weeks to find out my awnser and was not to happy with the results. I was not choosen to be a part of the program this fall:( I was very upset about this because it was the one thing that I was really looking forward too. I would get my first actual job and I would be in my favorite place ever.

I look back on it now and I think things happen for a reason. There was some sort of reason of why I am not going this fall. I am trying to make this as much as a positive but it just sucks in the end. Now, my plan will be to enjoy my fall semester here at UNC and then re apply for the program for the spring term. Either way I would hope I get a shot a going considering I will keep applying no matter what. Till then I will just keep thinking purple thoughts :)


Hopefully the memories will begin soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment