Saturday, June 12, 2010

Introduction


As I begin to tell my story about my life and how I cope today, I should spill on everything that has actually happened to me. Now, this is not going to be depressing or sad but I want to be able to show that I am a very strong person. I have a lot on my mind and being able to write and talk about it really explains how my mind works. So beginning in 2003, I was a regular girl. Parents were divorced and I was happy. My mom and dad got along great still. It was close to Valentines day and my parents sat me down. As I was fiddling with my Mickey and Minnie V-Day cards, I was told my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was only 10 years old at the time so I did not really grasp the idea of "cancer." So after that day my mom received Chemotherapy and had surgery. Both breast's were removed and everything from there would be a straight shot to becoming cancer free... so we all thought. My mom went through so many treatments and was actually doing very well! This women was amazing. She was caring, smart, athletic, and very giving. She was determined to beat this cancer.
In 2005, my freshman year of high school, was when things started to rapidly go downhill. The cancer had spread to her liver. When she was told that it had spread, I had no idea. She decided that we should go to our favorite place Disney World:) By then I knew something bad was happening. As we approached summer time, things were really getting worse. She became very weak and very different. She was not the same women before and it was very heart breaking for my family. Time flew by and I tried my best to spend as much time as I could with her. It came down to August and my mom was put into Hospice care. Each day I would be with her and talk with her to make sure she was doing OK and that I would be OK. My mom then passed in peace with me, my dad, and my uncle brian right next to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment